"Remember El Alma" First On-site Performance Challenging the Alamo, March 2010

"Remember El Alma," First on-site performance
challenging the Alamo
original poem written by Barbara Renaud Gonzalez

Adapted by Virginia Grise; Produced by Bihl Haus Arts, Kellen McIntyre, Ph.D; Performed at Luminaria!
San Antonio, Hemisfair Plaza, San Antonio, Texas, March 13, 2010; 5 Actresses, 1 Musician
A cast of beautiful women, all ages and colors, from
all over San Antonio
; Foto Credit: Joan Frederick @2010

Thursday, March 09, 2006

I haven't gotten paid: Email from a Cinefestival Winner

February 28, 06

Hello Barbara;

What happened is that my film, "The Moon's Pyramid", played in the
CineFestival at the Guadalupe Center last November, and I won the
"Premio
Mezquite Award for Best Experimental Film". Because my film won this
award,
I was able to fly to San Antonio and receive (metaphorically speaking)
the
award, that consisted of $1000. They told me that the real money was
going
to be sent to me in the form of a cheque on December 15, 2005. Well, I
am
still waiting! the prize I won hasn't been sent to me, the person I
knew
during the festival (Leroy Martinez) is no longer working there, and
nobody
at the Guadalupe Center answers my e-mails enquiring what ever happened
to
my prize. I have sent several e-mails to the president Bret Ruiz, and
to the
controler, Laura Zeballos, and non of them even acknowledge that they
have
received my e-mails, so I have no information into what happened with
my
award.

Anyway, you can call me in the phone any time if you would like to.
(phone number deleted for this vlog)

Sincerely,

Venus Soberanes

PS: to tambien soy bilingue, en el idioma que quieras nos comunicamos.

No comments: