Skip to main content

A battered woman from San Antonio loses her reporting job

Gina Galaviz, 43, KSAT-TV's I-love-the-police reporter, "has been fired" from the television station , according to the San Antonio Express-News, and I'm quoting verbatim here from Jeanne Jakle's byline, "after she was charged with assault following a fight with her boyfriend," Ronald Aguillen, 46.

Ok, so we in San Antonio know about the time in 2004 when Gina filed charges against another boyfriend, the former SWAT cop, who was a councilman at-the-time, Ron Segovia .
There were allegations of an apple being thrown at her nalgas, which humiliated her, and that he also pointed a gun at her. It was not the first time, she told me.

Tough-guy Segovia got off - I think he had three attorneys representing him if I remember correctly, and in this city, like too many, the cops are in bed with the grand jury - they need and depend on each other, and this grand jury decided there "wasn't enough evidence to pursue a criminal case against him."

Segovia wasn't a nice guy. My very good sources have told me about his violent past with women - and when I interviewed Gina on the issue of absolute police power over women in this city- she appeared to be a textbook case for a battered woman. She loved them. He hated them. She was loyal. She cried.

I was reminded of this impression when I watched her question then-Deputy Police Chief Jerry Pittman in 2006, who was also exonerated by a grand jury - for raping his step-niece - another man who women have warned me not to confront. Gina, the police reporter, didn't interview Pittman that day - she simpered, cooed and genuflected at his expensively-packaged speech. Pittman just glared at me . See: Thursday, August 24, 2006 Jerry Pittman: The Worst Cop, but there's more in San Antonio


So much for tough police reporting in this city. There are other stories out there about Gina, about her passion for the men in blue. Quien sabe. If she was abused as a child as too many of us are, then it would make sense for her to believe that men are the ones who are always right, and that she isn't worthy unless she has one besides her.

I would like to believe that this time she stood up and let him have it.

And then she got fired.

Comments

Unknown said…
She's no victim she has had no problem lying and fabricating allegations in order to take her 71yo husbands grandchildren from their father. btw when she started dating this man he was still married not 6mos later they married.
Unknown said…
She had bad luck with the two Ron’s and got lucky with one Ron, she’s a psycho chick!
Unknown said…
She had bad luck with the first two Ron’s and now married to another Ron.

I saw her and her husband Ron at a clinic, FOX News was on the TV in the lobby, Ron ask the receptionist if she can change the channel cause FOX News is bad to his heath and the receptionist change the channel.

Them two are another two snowflake Democrat Liberal’s always bashing the President of the United States on Facebook.

Popular posts from this blog

Huipiles at the Museo Alameda: There is nothing to celebrate

So some young latinas asked me yesterday about the "Huipiles" at the Museo Alameda. They were confused about the Exhibit. The photo below is by a commercial artist, Liz Garza Williams, one of the artists in the Huipiles Exhibit, and this is her photo of the featured artist, Kathy Sosa, wife of Republican party advertising-mogul Lionel Sosa, who is also in the show. You know what this visual says to young latinas, who comprise the majority population in this region? This photo, indicative of the quality and imagery in this Huipiles exhibit, says "See how I own your past? Do you see how beautiful I am wearing what you don't even know about? You can't even afford your own history, because only a rich woman like me is good enough and beautiful enough to wear it." Now the Museo Alameda has asked latina scholars to contribute to "panels," to discuss "huipiles." There is a documentary that accompanies the show where some huipil-dres...
Today is Tuesday, May 3rd, and so much has happened.  A brain tumor.  More yoga and walking.  A little less combat.  Weight dropping.  Spirit rising.  Back in the city, where I belong.  Looking for good photos to give you, organizing my crazy files.  And a new President!  So much to say, more than beating up on him -- that will only take us so far.  Time to hit the streets, challenge the fears that he represents.  Don't be afraid, no tengan miedo.  If I survived a massive brain tumor -- big as a grapefruit -- we can survive and transcend this. More tomorrow.  One day a week from now on. 

Can I get a VIA Bus after my cerveza?

Okay, so today I met with Juan Lopez, who, like me, rides the VIA bus. If you live in the city, the bus is pretty good if you're going north/south.  It's the crosstown buses and the 551 Looper that drives me crazy.  I wish they were more colorful, like in Mexico, and that the drivers were allowed to play their music!  This Calvinist heritage!  But I love the bus.  Babies, tattoos, the elderly, ride the bus. Humanity.   For reals. Today, Juan said something really profound. "If the city is so concerned about DWIs (Los borrachos, he means), then why doesn't VIA offer 24-hour service during Fiesta?" Are you listening, VIA? I know you offer special service for the basketball games, the Rodeo, And God knows what else... Or is the City wanting the fines from the DWIs or maybe just wants to put more borrachos in jail? http://www.viasmartmove.com